How long should I wait between Brazilian Treatments and doing colour?
We recommend waiting at least a week between applying treatments and doing colour, but we advise to do the colour first and then the treatment as the brazilian seals your hair.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we now ship internationally with FedEx from $20. You are able to place your order online and see shipping costs/ options at checkout.
Can I collect my order?
We are based in Kirstenhof, Cape Town and there is an option for collection when checking out. Once your order is placed, you will receive an email with the address and contact number to arrange a suitable time. Please check your spam mail/junk folder as often our emails end up there.
When will I receive my order?
We try and get orders out within 2 to 3 working days of them being placed. Sometimes, if we are waiting for a stock delivery, it can take a bit longer but Roxy will be in touch with you if that is the case.
We courier twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays) and the courier usually takes 2-4 working days if you are based in a main city. Outlying areas take slightly longer.
Please check your junk mail/spam folder for updates from the courier. This includes a tracking number and link to the tracking portal where you can keep an eye on your package.
Couriers don't collect or deliver over the weekends. If you get an email saying your order has been fulfilled over the weekend, it will only be collected by the courier on Monday.
Do the oils expire?
Technically, no. If your treatments are nearing/have reached the sell by date, they are still 100% safe to use.
My capsule has gone hard, what must I do?
The capsules are gelatine based which means they do go from soft to hard, especially when it's cold. Hold the ampule in your hand for a few minutes to warm up and soften, snip the tip off and use as usual.Which treatment capsule should I use on my hair?
Something to note:
- All ellips treatments are Moroccan oil based and contain Pro-Vitamins which help fight frizz and nourish the hair
- All treatments capsules provide heat protection against styling tools (hairdryer, straightener, curling iron etc)
The various colours are formulated for the following:
- Pink Hair Repair- to treat hair damaged from heated styling tools
- Purple Nutri Colour- for coloured or highlighted hair
- Yellow Smooth & Shiny- fights frizz and smooths fine hair
- Orange Hair Vitality- for dry and brittle hair
- Shiny Black- for very thick or dark hair
Can you use different treatments at the same time?
Yes, you can but we don’t advise using it at the same time. One capsule is usually sufficient for most people but you can alternate treatment colours.
How do I use an ellips capsule?
- Use after shampooing and conditioning on lightly towel dried hair.
- Open the biodegradable capsule and spread the hair treatment on your palms
- Evenly distribute through your hair
- Leave to dry for 10 minutes, do not rinse off. Style as normal.
How long can I use them for?
You can use ellips capsules after every hair wash. There is no limit to how long you should use them as they contain natural ingredients. The longer you use these treatments, the better the quality of your hair.
Are ellips products cruelty free?
Yes. Our products are not tested on animals.
Are ellips products safe to use on micro keratin and Brazilian treated hair?
Yes. All our products are sulphate free.
Are the treatment capsules biodegradable?
Yes. The capsules are gelatine based and therefore biodegradable.
What shampoo must I use on my hair?
We suggest using sulphate free shampoo - we stock a few options. You can find them here.